Monday, February 22, 2016

Monday, 2/22/16: Preparing for Unit 3 Test on Quadratics and Exponentials

Because there has been so much packed into Unit 3, it has been a struggle for many students as we work to come in prepared into our Unit 3 test.  I'm repeatedly emphasizing what I want students to really know in the midst of so much content.  This upcoming test (for which I don't have a date yet, but will occur as soon as we are ready) marks the content I really want the students to know out of this unit.

A number of students and parents have communicated with me about the struggle, which I appreciate.

Today we have a beach-head established.  Both of my two honors classes now feel strong on what makes up almost the entire first-half of the test.  (We've been working off of parallel practice versions.)  Tomorrow we'll move toward accomplishing the same with the rest of the test.  Tonight's homework is the front page of Practice #3.  (Both classes: skip #5 at the bottom--there is a problem with it.  Both classes, we'll start with that problem and move forward after checking the answers from tonight's assignment.)

No comments:

Post a Comment